Change Font Size
Change Site Colour Scheme          

***Hub 2 – Community Hub Main Page

Normally, road safety concerns fall into two broad categories – concerns about the ‘road’ or place, or concerns about the unsafe manner in which some ‘people’ behave on the road – and it would be very helpful to you if the concern is directed to the correct place in the first instance to provide the most appropriate help and advice.

The vast majority of concerns can be resolved at an early stage by self-service reporting, other more complex concerns can be resolved by discussions with the relevant officer.

If the concern is about the road itself, such as potholes, crossings or drainage, the very best way is to report these concerns directly to the County Council via here.

However, if the concern is about people breaking the law then please contact the police directly (


If your concern cannot be resolved using the self-service approach then the Hub is here to help.

Please follow the steps below to find out how best we or our partners can help you.

Whether you contact the hub or one of our partners, please provide as much detail as possible.

Menu of concerns:

1. Speeding
2. Parking
3. Pedestrian & Passenger safety
4. Signing and lining
5. Road Condition or layout

The extent and nature of road safety actions will depend on the availability of finance, staff, facilities and time.  Limited budgets may place restrictions on the programmes the council are able to carry out, so we must all be realistic about what options we have that could resolve or reduce the concern.

More complex concerns may require a combination of agencies to work together and these can be coordinated by the Hub.

The Hub will always aim to help, and what it lacks in budget is compensated by knowledge, experience and enthusiasm. The Hub cannot override decisions or contradict the traffic signs regulations, but it can support local actions for change and community activities.

Helping communities to help themselves is one of the most effective strategies that the Hub recommends. This way of working aims to tackle the human behaviour that created the concern in the first place. In the first instance please share your concerns with your Local Councillor, Parish or Town Council.

Untitled Document